So the plate is ready to be mounted to the boat transom. I measured the center of the transom and kept an eye out for rivets. Once I had the plate where I wanted it, I clamped it in place. Using the plate as a template, I drilled the holes in the transom starting from the bottom. I drilled the the two bottom holes first, put the bolts and nuts in place, and then tightened them down. Then I moved to the center holes, and then to the top holes. With the plate in place, I taped around the plate so the 3M 5200 wouldn’t leak onto anything that I cared about. I also taped the plate too so I would have nice lines when I finished applying the 5200.
Once all the holes were drilled, I removed the plate from the transom, and got ready to forever bond the plate to the transom. I prepped both mounting surfaces by sanding them down and wiping them with acetone. Once cleaned, they were ready for the 3M Marine 5200.