Coming in at $99; I would pair this spinning rod with any reel you gave me whether it was a $50 reel or a $250 reel, making it perfect for the best universal rod and reel setup.
- Lifetime Warranty – Register it with the company and you’re covered
- $99 – Expensive, but has lasted me more than 10 years now, with some serious fish and alligators.
- 7′ 6″ – The perfect length. 8′ seems to hit every doorway and 7′ seems too short for me
- Medium/Heavy Action – A solid choice for an all-purpose rod
- 6 oz – Less than 6 oz of weight to it. You can cast it all day.
- 1 Piece – I like one piece rods more than two piece rods
For $99 this saltwater or freshwater fishing rod is well worth it. If you wanted to bump your price point down to $60 you can get this rod. The specs are pretty similar, but the only difference is that the more expensive, lifetime warranty rod has a rubber butt and the hook keeper is different. Other than that, same manufacturer, almost the same rod, just that bump in price for a lifetime warranty. So it’s up to you if you want the $60 rod or the $99 rod. I use and support both.