One of the Best Bluetooth Hearing Protection Headphones: 3m WorkTunes
Loud noises & the constant hours you put in; it’s time to give you some options with a pair of Bluetooth hearing protection headphones.
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) = 24dB
- Bluetooth & Speakers & Microphone = Phone calls, music, or quietness
- Sleek Design
- Simple to Use
- Durable + Comfortable
- Maintenance & Replacement
24 dB of noise reduction. A chain saw may run around 100 dB. These 3M Bluetooth Hearing Protection headphones will decrease that sound down to 76 dB.
These Bluetooth earmuffs offer the best usability. They allow you to hear the things that happen around you while also protecting your hearing.
Once you get into the 30+ dB range, it becomes harder to hear normal conversation. This kind of hearing protection is best for very loud, constant noises like machinery, airplanes, firearms, and other loud high pitch noises.
Bluetooth + Speaker Quality
The 3M WorkTunes have the standard Bluetooth features.
They connect easily to my phone (Apple or Andriod) and both devices remember them.
One button. Press and hold to power on and off or to pause a song. Double-click or triple-click to navigate songs. No volume control on the headphones.
Speakers are a perfect size. They can be turned down low while also being able to crank up the volume. *side-note: After playing them at a higher volume for a while, I start to notice that my ears get warm. This is during the summertime in Florida, so it may be beneficial in the wintertime?
Even though you wouldn’t think you would need a microphone, you have one if you need it. I have been able to shut down the mower or even take the phone call while mowing and still have a short conversation.
The design was kept simple.
One charging port and an On/Off button on the same side (left or right depending on how you wear them)
Indicator light to show you if it’s trying to pair, battery life, or indicate if you forgot to turn them off.
An adjustable head strap that has held up great. I do wear them maxed out so if you have a very large head…you may want pass on these. If you have a large head, you’ll be fine.
If you wear glasses or sunglasses, they are comfortable for the first hour or two and then you start to notice the discomfort if you’re not busy enough.
The majority of the material is a plastic or rubber so it is easy to clean and disinfect after a sweaty day.
Water-resistant as in sweating and light misty rain. Main take away = Treat them like they are not waterproof because they are not.
Battery life is solid and will last you all day. Simple charging with mini USB.
More Design – Maintenance and Parts
With the simple design of these Bluetooth ear muffs, the maintenance is simple and the replacement parts available.
The main part that gets used the most and may need replacement is the earpads even though mine is still good after a year of use.
Other than that, they are easy to clean and there isn’t much to break on them. The wires stay close to the muffs and don’t snag on anything, while the overall design had quality in mind.
These 3M Bluetooth Hearing Protection Headphones are a solid workhorse that is great for everyday use.
Use them to do anything you want while giving you the option to through in some tunes when you need too.
Simple design, easy to use, comfortable, Bluetooth capable, hearing protection.
If you’d like to make my day and help support JTgatoring here’s a few things you could do that are organized from easiest to most helpful.
1. Visit the JTgatoring YouTube Channel. If you enjoy the videos, please share them with others who may like them, and let me know in the comments if you liked it yourself, have a question, feedback, or if you had a similar experience and could lend a few tips for others to see.
2. If you enjoy the JTgatoring YouTube channel, subscribing always helps. This allows JTgatoring to reach out to other companies, show that there is interest in the channel, and provides the opportunity of getting new products out in front of the JTG community.
3. If you really enjoy JTG, follow our other social media pages – Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat @jtgatoring.
4. Some links & codes provide funding without making you spend extra money to support JTgatoring, so its always greatly appreciated if you ever use our links to purchase something:
- Amazon – The JTgatoring Amazon Store
- Anker – The Best Portable Battery Supply
- Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s– The Redneck Haven
- Batteries Plus – 10% off Code: CDP10011
- Nord VPN – Safer, More Secure Internet
- Overton’s – Tons of Boating Stuff
- Rapala – 10% Off Code: Fish10
- Sperry – The Best Flip-Flops
- Tackle Direct – Affordable FishingTackle
- Victorinox – Superior Kitchen Cutlery Knives
- Walmart – The Place to go when Amazon doesn’t have it