If you want to see more in depth pictures and angles of these long-tail mud motor kits, watch the comparison video, or TLT playlist for all the videos, or visit the TLT Mud Motor Gallery. I scored Swamp Runner first with 5 points, Beaver Dam second with 4 points, and Mud Skipper last with 2 points.
SPS Swamp Runner
5 out of 5 points _ The Swamp Runner Medium kit gave me the best first impression and won the unboxing for the best long-tail mud motor kit. Everything about this kit looked professional. The packaging, the parts, the instructions; they all stood out compared to the other kits.
- The handle was wrapped with the shaft just like the other kits, but the final wrap on the shaft and handle was a very thick black plastic that was 2 to 3 times thicker than any heavy duty garbage bag you could buy.
- All the parts arrived undamaged.
- The quality of the parts look good with no loose pieces in the box.
- The coupler housing & coupler shaft have a lifetime warranty & all other parts have a two year warranty.
CLP Beaver Dam
4 out of 5 points _ Overall the Beaver Dam kit was okay, its just heavy. All the pieces and parts are heavy, except the coupler housing and support bracket. The shaft is VERY heavy compared to the other two shafts.
- All the parts had their own separate plastic bag, but there was one loose nut in the box.
- Everything in the box was well packaged and little chance of getting damaged, because there was no room for the parts to shift or move.
- The packaging on the shaft and handle could be better, with the shaft arriving with the splines sticking out past the protective packaging, but it still arrived undamaged.
CKS Mud Skipper
2 out of 5 points _ With the Mud Skipper kit, it gave me a bitter first taste. This could have, and should have, came better packaged. If you received this package and didn’t have anything to compare it too, you may not think much of it. But comparing it to the other two kits, it is unprofessional and cheap.
- The box was too large and came crushed when I received the package.
- I had an open bag that had missing pieces of hardware.
- I had a few holes punched in the box.
- Has a two year warranty
I paid $62.05 for shipping, which was more than the competitors, and the box size could have been smaller to save on some of that shipping cost. The parts of this kit look cheap compared to the others. If you don’t know much about long tail kits and have had nothing to compare it too, then you may not think bad or good of it. Comparing the quality of the other two kits and the way these kits were packaged, this kit is on the bottom on both quality and packaging.