The Medium Mud Skipper kit (8-16hp)
- Priced in the lowest out of the three kits
- Website is fair and it was easy to check out.
- Sells many different things related to boating
Mud Skipper is a distributor. CKS is the Thai long tail brand. Mud Skipper is the only distributor in North America allowed to distribute CKS long tails. This is the same with Beaver Dam who deals with CLP, and Swamp Runner that deals with SPS.
- First impression was not good
- Worst packaging out of the three kits
- The instruction manual is a few pieces of paper
- Parts and pieces look different compared to other kits along with a different engine mount design
Out of the box, the Mud Skipper kit did not impress. When the kit arrived, the box came crushed. The box was not properly sized to fit the parts that were in it. The box was just too big. The parts moved with ease inside the box, and were wrapped with a cardboard like packing paper. When you went to move the box you could feel the bottom bow.
The shaft came wrapped in a saran wrap type of material. The handle was taped to the shaft and then wrapped along with the shaft. The skeg had cardboard over it to protect it, but when I received it, the skeg was sticking out of the cardboard.
There were some holes in the box and when I got to the hardware bag it had busted open and I am now missing some nuts and washers that I could not find.