After running this kit for an hour, I noticed that the prop would act like it wanted to jump out of the water. This would only happen when I reached 18-19 mph. At the time, I had a 8.5″ regular prop, it was very easy to handle at speeds lower than 18 mph, and it was just me in the boat. I didn’t want to go down a prop size, and the tail weight felt a little heavy already, so I tried bending the skeg and that fixed my issue! All I did was put an adjustable wrench on the end of skeg, bent it just slightly toward the port side of the boat, and that was it!
After looking back at the footage and going back out to test, I was actually out running the wake of the boat. I was going up to 20mph and that is when I would out run the wake. So if I had the 100″ shaft, it may ride even better, and allow me to get some more speed. If I pulled up on the tiller handle, and forced that prop in the water, I got up to 23 mph. Pretty quick for a 1436 jon boat with a fully stock 13hp predator engine.