The Medium Swamp Runner kit (8-16hp)
- Priced in the middle out of the three kits
- Website is good and easy to check out. Still a little outdated.
- Only sells mud motor kits and parts for those kits and engines.
Swamp Runner is a distributor. SPS is the Thai long tail brand. Swamp Runner Mud Motors is the only distributor in North America allowed to distribute SPS long tails. This is the same with Beaver Dam who deals with CLP, and Mud Skipper that deals with CKS.
- Best packaging out of the three kits
- A very nice, proffesional instruction manual
- Parts and pieces look of quality and a good overall first impression
The Swamp Runner Medium Mud Motor Kit gave me the best first impression. The box was properly sized to fit the parts that were well protected by formed styrofoam where the pieces were secure in the box so they could not move. The shaft was packaged in a thick black plastic that was 2 to 3 times the thickness of the heaviest garbage bag you could buy, along with other wrapping and cardboard to protect smaller pieces on the shaft. Out of the three kits, it had the best packaging. All the parts were there and there was no loose hardware in the box like the other two kits.